Translate

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Waiting for my clothes



You never realize how much of your background is sewn into the lining of your clothes.

That scraggy cat from next door has just left and I hadn’t even noticed her enter the room. Her hair is missing in patches and she walks at a tilt. She’s no beauty but apparently, she is loved. Today, at this moment, I look like her. It has been a busy week with tossy nights sleep. I sit in my writing pose....poised sideways, V shaped, across an armchair with legs hoisted up on the couch. I’m dressed in scraggy jumper with parts missing and jogging pants. Minus the jogging.
What she needs

What I need
Oooh...life is good. Who cares what you look like when the only pair of eyes looking at you is wearing herself worse than you. We are beyond equal.

So, new attire has been in need for a while. At least for the knitted  Boogle Bunch. There was much talk and kerfuffle regarding the attire worn/ or not by my first samples. A need for clothing was discussed and much chat overheard, generally late at night. It would seem, knitted toys can be just as opinionated as the rest of us. Having taken one look at their creator, heads dropped and were shook slowly, with drawn breaths.
I give up!
Okay, so  how about an Autumnal look for the coming season? You get over Summer pretty quickly when it’s all rain and shuffling around in light jackets. A little taste of what The Boogles can expect....Tah Dah!
I like it! 
Mmmm....

1 comment:

  1. I love the autumn range too. Now go knit yourself something decent.

    ReplyDelete