Translate

Thursday 13 March 2014

Instant Crush


“She goes very still and I can count on one hand all the times we’ve been here before,standing at the precipice of almost and staring down into the abyss of what-if.”
For those of you who were living under a rock during the year that was 2013, Daft Punk made an impact, musically, digitally and emotionally. They helped wear down the heels of disco shoes and made the uncool feel dreadfully cool while driving in summer heat with the window down. Yes, we had sunny days in Ireland in the year that was 2013. The cosmic love made between Daft Punk and Sunshine, led us to believe we (the Irish) could be sexy and cool, at the same time.

Going back to point, Julian Casablancas paved a pathway to my heart with his vocals on the track, Instant Crush. Casablancas sings in his enchanting, fractured tone, about finding love but not fully realising what else is involved, until it’s too late. There is slight regret but ultimately, the song is a realistic love song.


Being in love is on a par with being insane. Does that mean that since the age I picked up a pair of knitting needles and fell in love with their long, cool bodies, I was certified, mad? Knitting and I have a tumultous relationship where I feel at certain times its unrequited on the side of the knitting. My knitting is the bastard of all knitting. I constantly remain hopeful things can only get better. I reminisce on the moments of pure perfection when what we can produce together is just short of ingenius! And then my son-of-a-bitch knitting goes awry, gets bored and feels “not in the mood”. My relationship with my knitting & work can be described in the words of Daft Punk, as “a world within me I cannot explain. Many rooms to explore, but they all look the same”. Synthesised poetry in motion.

But what is life without love? Wrapping yourself in cotton wool only makes you prone to vulnerabilty. The cotton wool has you then! Letting go of all the bad in my craft will, I believe, enlighten me to produce real works of art. A real baby I can be proud of.

Sometime later....
 ....Rabbit was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment